Member of the Scottish Tartan Authority
Code of Conduct
Unfortunately, even in the most loving of families, sometimes tempers flare. To that end, here are some common sense guidelines of expected conduct for members of the Clan Claus Society.
- Show appropriate respect for other Clan members at all times.
- Observe the Golden Rule. If you wouldn't say it when you are in your role as Santa, Mrs. Claus, Elf or Helper, DON'T SAY IT.
- Anything considered, illegal, immoral, inappropriate or just plain dishonest, even if it is not related to Clan activities is unacceptable.
- If something is not true, DON'T SAY IT.
- Clan members e-mail addresses are personal and confidential and will not be shared. Because of the amount of spam and the number of viruses out on the net, DO NOT forward suspect information as a mass e-mail to the Clan Members.
- Be cautious when using sarcasm and humor. Without the face to face contact, your words may be viewed as criticism instead of how it was intended.
- Observe copyright and trademark laws. If it is not yours or if you have not received written permission to use or distribute, DON'T.
- If you quote someone, get it correct and give credit to that individual. The term "quote" means to use "as is", not to alter.
These guidelines will never be complete and are not likely to ever be fully agreed upon. However, they are what are considered to be generally acceptable behavior.
Guidelines for Open Forums to Blog
- Discussions should remain on topic and be related to the Clan & Santa themes.
- Individuals are responsible for the content and appropriateness of their postings. However, the sites moderators will, if necessary, make the final decision whether or not a topic is inappropriate.
- Please state your opinion clearly and freely while considering that others may not agree and are also free to express opposing views.
- Sometimes we disagree. Sometimes we strongly disagree. Please do so in an objective manner.
- There will be a "Links" page on the website. This is where Clan members only will be allowed to post links to their own Santa & Clan oriented sites. Clan members may not post links to non-member's websites without written permission. Links must be submitted for approval before being posted on this page, with final approval from the Chairman.